Knowing which type of senior living program is right for you or your aging parents is important for making the most of their golden years. The right senior living program will have resort-like services, amenities, and the best care for your mental and physical health. When is assisted living not appropriate? This program is for senior adults who need minimal daily care and can still lead a fairly independent life. It is not for those who have dementia or other neurological disorders or need 24/7 assistance to maintain a certain quality of life.
At Ventana, our senior living community offers independent and assisted living programs, memory care, and long-term skilled nursing care to residents who need around-the-clock aid. We have several spacious floorplans, along with comfortable indoor and outdoor communal areas for socializing and enjoying nature. For seniors who need additional assistance, our care programs are tailored to their specific needs and can adapt as their health changes without having to move to another facility. For more information about our assisted living programs, call 214.225.6197 today to schedule a tour of your new home.
When Is Assisted Living Appropriate?
Are you asking yourself: “Is it time for assisted living?” There are definite signs pointing to seniors needing more assistance with day-to-day activities to make the most of their retirement. Assisted living offers services and amenities that provide several beneficial services. Depending on the facility, they may offer healthy meals prepared fresh every day, an activities director who plans daily activities and social events, religious services, personalized wellness programs, and much more.
Who is considered for assisted living? Assisted living is ideal for senior adults who still want to live independently but need assistance with some day-to-day activities. If you are thinking about moving into an assisted living facility, here are some of the common signs that point to the need for an assisted living program:
- You need some assistance with daily living activities but are still independent and able to get around independently.
- You want to be close to seniors with indoor and outdoor areas for socializing and making new friends without driving anywhere.
- You need more mentally stimulating activities and physical exercise.
- You can still cook and prepare meals but want nutritious meals prepared daily.
- You are looking for a full-service community that offers a wide range of medical and therapeutic services to handle future physical and mental complications.
When is assisted living appropriate for you or your parents? Each person is different insofar as to when they will need more assistance to maintain their quality of life. Meeting with a care team can help determine the best program for you.
When Is Assisted Living Not Appropriate?
Finding the right senior living program that matches your personal and medical needs is imperative for maintaining your health and well-being. If you are wondering when assisted living is not appropriate, here are some possible instances:
- You suffer a stroke, seizure, or other neurological event and require 24/7 care, skilled nursing care, and speech, occupational, or physical therapy to recover successfully.
- You have mid-stage or advanced Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia, frontotemporal dementia, Lewy body dementia, or other neurological disorders.
- You have a severe head injury or accident that requires surgery and several weeks or months of recovery in a structured environment.
- You have a severe physical disability that requires intensive care and 24/7 assistance with all daily living activities.
As you age, you may require more care than an assisted living program can provide. When searching for a senior living facility, ask about other medical and therapeutic services they offer to support your sunset years.
Ventana Offers Assisted Living Programs for Seniors in Dallas
Is it time for assisted living? If you are asking yourself this question, it is time to schedule a tour with the team at Ventana’s luxury high-rise senior living community. We have the personal services and amenities you would expect from a five-star community, along with many medical and therapeutic services.