Enrolling in short-term rehab for healing is one way to improve recovery. Working with professional caregivers can speed up recovery and teach patients how to prevent re-injury. Short-term rehab is significant for senior adults who take longer to heal. They are at an increased risk of developing further complications as they are less likely to follow through with all of the steps of recovery.
Ventana is a full-service senior living community located in a high-rise complex in Dallas. Our short-term rehab for healing can support seniors recovering from an accident, surgery, or neurological event. You will work with a dedicated team of professional caregivers who monitor vitals, manage medications, and provide various therapeutic services.
Participating in Short-Term Rehab for Healing
A short-term rehab program for seniors is a beneficial service for those who need round-the-clock care to recover. It is an inpatient program that includes a wide range of medical and therapeutic services, along with personal services, to make their stay more enjoyable. Short-term rehab typically lasts from a few days to up to two weeks. Each person’s progress depends on the severity of the injury or illness and their eagerness to recover.
If you are unsure if short-term rehab is right for you or your elderly parents, here are some of the common ailments that a short-term rehab program can treat:
- Heart attacks
- Brain injury
- Fractured or broken hip
- Certain cancers
In addition to providing quality medical and therapeutic treatment, many senior living communities include several personal services. These include housekeeping and laundry, assistance with daily living activities, transportation services, and on-site exercise and wellness programs.
Ventana’s luxury senior living community provides Texas seniors with many short-term rehab benefits for healing. You can relax in a private suite while receiving personalized care. You can also enjoy socializing with other seniors or participate in some of our life-enriching activities.
Short-Term Rehab Benefits
Enrolling in a short-term rehab program is the intelligent choice for seniors who want a speedy and safer recovery experience. Here are some of the short-term rehab benefits that you can experience during recovery:
- Reduces the risk of rehospitalization – Seniors who choose to recover at home run the risk of re-injury. Your spouse may be unable to prevent falls or other injuries in the home, which can lead to another trip back to the hospital. The additional stress of repeated hospital visits or an unsafe recovery experience can slow healing times.
- Professional medical care – Skilled nursing staff and professionals will be beside you throughout your recovery. They will monitor vitals, administer medications, assist with daily living activities, and provide other services to improve the recovery experience.
- Healthy meal plans – Seniors enjoy nutritious, well-balanced meals during short-term rehab to increase their overall health and decrease recovery times. They will learn about the benefits of healthy eating and how certain foods can improve their physical and mental health.
- Therapeutic services – One of the most significant benefits of short-term rehab is physical, speech, and occupational therapy. Physical therapy can rebuild strength and flexibility to decrease the risks of falls and re-injury. Speech and occupational therapy can restore weakened abilities or find new methods to replace lost functions.
- Increases social interaction – Another benefit of recovering at a senior living community is being close to other seniors. Many senior facilities include daily life-enriching activities that encourage social interaction and give them something to do.
These are just a few short-term rehab benefits for healing seniors can enjoy while recovering in a senior living community. This is an excellent way for seniors to experience life in a senior community and discover how it can make their retirement much more enjoyable.
Enroll in Ventana’s Senior Short-Term Rehab Services for Faster Recovery
Ventana is a full-service, luxury senior living community that delivers professional short-term rehab programs for Texas seniors. We will work directly with you and your doctors or care providers to build a comprehensive program that promotes a faster, safer healing process. During your stay, you can enjoy a private suite, nutritious meals and snacks, and a wide range of mentally stimulating activities and social events.