If you are asking yourself, does my parent need senior rehab, it may be time to look at enrolling your parent in a senior living community. You want them to be healthy and get the most out of their retirement. Senior living communities offer a number of rehabilitation services along with several personal services, amenities, and social opportunities. You get peace of mind knowing they are in the best place for their health, and they get to make the most out of their remaining years.
Ventana is a full-service, luxury senior living community in Dallas, TX. We offer short and long-term rehabilitation services for Texas seniors. Each of our residents receives individualized care programs that can include physical, speech, and occupational therapies, along with 24/7 monitoring, medication management, and assistance with daily living activities. While your parents recover, they can enjoy all of our services and amenities, like nutritious meal plans, daily socializing, and fun games and activities to fill their days. If you would like more information about rehabilitation for seniors and when to enroll your parents, call 214.225.6197 today to speak with our knowledgeable team.
Does My Parent Need Senior Rehab?
While seniors are living longer, healthier lives, they will eventually need to rely on someone to care for them. Even healthy seniors are subject to the common ailments of aging and can be at risk of injury or experiencing a medical emergency. A healthy lifestyle can reduce these risks. In fact, enrolling in a rehabilitation program can make the recovery process much easier and faster when necessary.
When is it time for senior rehab? Several physical and neurological conditions require your parents to enroll in a senior rehab program. These can include:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Bone breaks and fractures
- Chronic arthritis
- Heart attack
- Musculoskeletal disorders
Depending on the type of injury or illness, enrolling in a rehab program can help your parents restore most, if not all, of their lost abilities. Senior living communities provide short and long-term rehab for seniors in a comfortable environment where they will work with professional therapists and medical staff to heal and recover. They will also get a chance to see what life is like in a retirement community. This can make the decision to move much easier when it’s time.
At Ventana’s luxury senior living community, we welcome seniors of all activity levels who need short or long-term rehab services. Our community features a state-of-the-art facility with a full-time staff of medical and therapeutic professionals who will see to all of your parent’s needs while they are with us.
Signs Your Parent Needs Rehabilitation
Recognizing the signs that your parents need rehabilitation can be difficult, especially if parents are reluctant to admit they need help. Some medical conditions can take time to build. If you don’t catch them early, it can lead to further complications that will greatly decrease your parent’s overall quality of life.
Here are some common signs your parent needs rehabilitation:
- They suffer sudden a medical emergency or accident – A short-term rehab program is ideal for seniors who have an accident at home, in the car, or are recovering from surgery or a medical procedure.
- They have a neurological disorder – Rehab programs include memory care and occupational and speech therapy to help seniors restore lost abilities and communication skills due to a stroke, cerebral aneurysm, or other neurological event.
- Their balance and physical strength are poor – Falls can be very dangerous for seniors as their bones are not as strong as they used to be. Physical therapy can improve muscle tone, flexibility, and strength, improve balance, and decrease the risk of falling.
- Assistance with daily living activities – Rehab programs for seniors can help them maintain their independence for a longer period of time. Therapists will work with your parents to increase their strength and flexibility so they can continue to bathe and dress themselves without assistance.
When is it time for senior rehab? The answer is different for each person. Do you feel your parent’s health is declining and they need daily assistance? If so, it’s time to reach out to a senior living community and discuss their rehabilitation services.
Ventana Provides Rehabilitation for Seniors at Our luxury High-Rise Retirement Community
Does my parent need senior rehab? At Ventana, our dedicated team can help you decide which of our senior services is right for your parent’s health and well-being. During the admissions process, we will go over all of your parent’s health needs. Then, we’ll create a program that includes many medical and therapeutic services. In addition to our rehab services, we also offer:
- Independent and assisted living options
- Nutritious meal plans
- Personal services and amenities
- Memory care services
- Respite care services
- Skilled nursing care
- Wellness services