Senior care comes in many different levels. There are short-term and respite care programs, memory care programs, and long-term care programs. A senior long-term care candidate is someone with a chronic or sudden medical condition who needs around-the-clock attention to be comfortable. They cannot live alone, and non-professional care from a spouse or family member is insufficient for their needs.
Ventana is a senior living community that provides residents with long-term care for seniors along with five-star services and amenities to benefit their well-being. Our care programs are tailored to the individual resident and can adapt as their health changes. While receiving professional care, seniors can enjoy social activities, a variety of dining options, and luxury personal services, all within the community.
To find out if you are a candidate for long-term care, fill out our online assessment or call 214.225.6197 today to speak with our knowledgeable team.
Seniors Who Qualify as a Long-Term Care Candidate
Long-term senior care supports seniors who are at a point where they need 24/7 attention to maintain their quality of life. It includes a long list of medical and therapeutic services and assists them with daily activities they can no longer do alone. While each program is different, a typical long-term senior care program can include:
- Medication management and administration
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, eating, and other daily living activities
- Monitoring of vitals
- Wound care
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapies
- Nutritious meal plans
- Transportation services
Other services provided through a long-term care program include eye care, dental care, psychological care, and other beneficial medical services.
A senior candidate for long-term care is someone who can no longer care for themselves while living alone or with a spouse. The need for long-term care can come on suddenly after a stroke or heart attack or over time due to other illnesses or the effects of aging. Other qualifications for long-term senior care include being over 65, blindness, or physical or mental impairment.
Ventana by Buckner is a full-service luxury senior living community that provides professional long-term senior care for all Texas seniors. Our community features luxury accommodations and a full-time team of professional nurses, therapists, and support staff to meet your needs.
The Benefits of Long-Term Senior Care
Moving into a long-term senior care facility is the smart choice for seniors requiring around-the-clock attention from professional caregivers. This program includes a wide range of on-site medical services to keep seniors safe and comfortable during their remaining years.
If you are a candidate for long-term care, here are just some of the benefits that you can expect from a long-term senior care program:
- Have close access to professional medical and therapeutic care – A senior living community delivers quality medical and therapeutic care services for seniors without having to leave the community. This can include wound care, vitals monitoring, medication management, and physical, speech, and occupational therapies.
- Reduce the risks of falls and new injuries – Having a dedicated team of professional caregivers at your side can reduce the risk of falling or tripping. Your body is already struggling to fight off other illnesses, and adding a new injury can harm a senior’s health.
- Enjoy nutritious meal plans – An essential part of senior care is ensuring they eat enough nutritious foods. Long-term care programs include healthy meals and snacks that deliver all the vitamins and minerals they need daily.
- Participate in social interactions – Another healthy benefit of long-term senior care is daily socializing and fun activities. Many senior living communities will plan daily activities and social events to enhance their experience and keep them active.
A senior candidate for long-term care is someone with cancer, kidney disease, dementia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or other long-lasting illnesses. This program provides 24/7 care for seniors that goes far beyond what an at-home or family caregiver can give them.
Call Ventana for Long-Term Care for Seniors in Texas
Ventana is a senior living community in a state-of-the-art facility that welcomes all senior long-term care candidates who need 24/7 support. We will work with you and your doctor or current care provider to discuss all medical conditions and the types of care required.