Rehabilitation services for senior adults address many issues like broken bones and fractures, preventing falls, improving coordination, and restoring lost functions after a stroke or neurological event. What happens in senior rehab depends on the person and the condition that needs treatment. Rehab programs are tailored to the individual and led by professional therapists who specialize in aiding seniors in rebuilding their physical strength and cognitive functions.
Ventana is a luxury senior living community in a state-of-the-art high-rise that welcomes Texas seniors who need rehabilitation services to help them recover and maintain their quality of life. We offer short and long-term rehabilitation services that utilize high-end therapeutic and recovery equipment. Our staff works closely with all seniors to develop an effective rehabilitation plan that can adapt as they progress. Fill out our online assessment form or call 214.225.6197 today for more information about our rehabilitation for seniors.
Senior Rehab Explained
How does senior rehab work? Senior rehab includes physical, occupational, and speech therapy to support their recovery after an accident, surgery, or medical event. When senior adults leave the hospital, they will need to go to a place that will continue to care for them and work with their specific needs to fully recover. In cases where seniors permanently lose an ability, like speaking or fine motor skills, therapists will work with them to teach them new ways of performing those tasks.
There are three main types of rehabilitation that can benefit senior adults’ health and well-being. Physical therapy can assist seniors with broken bones and fractures caused by a fall, accident, or weakened muscles due to a sedentary lifestyle. Occupational therapy helps seniors with physical, sensory, or cognitive problems and can improve their vision, increase memory retention, and reduce chronic pain. Speech therapy is for those who experience a major neurological event and can treat aphasia and dysarthria. It can also strengthen vocal cords, help with swallowing and eating, and improve some cognitive functions.
Ventana is a luxury senior living community that welcomes all seniors who are in need of long-term or short-term rehabilitation. When you first arrive at our facility, we will discuss how senior rehab works and how it can benefit your recovery and overall health.
What Happens in Senior Rehab
Participating in senior rehab is the best way for senior adults to recover and maintain their independence and quality of life. Plus, this is a great opportunity for seniors to experience life in a senior living community and will make the decision to move into one much easier when it’s time.
Here is a breakdown of what happens in senior rehab:
- Assessment – On day one, staff will review each senior’s medical charts and discuss the types of therapies and medical services that they will participate in during rehab. They will also check for any dietary or physical restrictions and other medical and personal concerns to ensure their stay is relaxing and rejuvenating.
- Medication management – Medical staff will be responsible for monitoring medication intake and ensuring that each resident is getting the necessary medication. During rehab, they will manage all medication and take care of ordering refills and checking for any adverse reactions between different medications.
- Therapeutic services – Seniors will work with various therapists to restore lost functions and improve on them when possible. They can also learn new ways to perform daily tasks if they are unable to perform them in a normal fashion.
- Additional support – In addition to physical, occupational, and speech therapy, senior rehab also provides seniors with nutritious meal plans, assistance with daily living activities, monitoring of all vitals, and plenty of activities and socializing opportunities.
Enrolling in a senior rehab program is the best way to recover after a fall, medical procedure, emergency surgery, or after a stroke or neurological event. It can speed up the recovery process and give seniors a boost in their physical and cognitive abilities.
Ventana Offers Rehabilitation for Seniors in Dallas
Ventana is a full-service senior living community that offers rehabilitation services for our long-term and temporary residents. While meeting with our staff, we will build a comprehensive rehabilitation plan that addresses their specific needs. We monitor each person’s progress throughout the program and can update it to ensure they continue to recover safely. In addition to our therapeutic services, we also provide our residents with:
- 5-star accommodations
- Nutritious and delicious meals
- Spa and beauty services
- Daily activities
- Plenty of indoor and outdoor spaces for relaxing and socializing
For more information about what happens in senior rehab, call 214.225.6197 today to speak with our knowledgeable team.