Are Skilled Nursing services necessary? The answer is, it depends. It depends on what your expectations are for you or your loved one. Are you looking to recover from an injury, surgery, or illness with around-the-clock support? Do you want to have access to a licensed nursing staff 24/7? Do you see the benefit of physical, speech, and occupational therapies? If you answered yes to these questions, then Skilled Nursing services are probably a good fit for you or a loved one. Learn more about healthcare services in Dallas, Texas by giving the Ventana team a call today.
Benefits of Skilled Nursing
Being able to recover not far from home and in a comfortable environment is ideal. No one wants to spend more time than necessary in a hospital or clinical environment, if possible. In fact, there are many emotional and psychological benefits to this level of care. Skilled Nursing is generally recommended following being treated in the hospital for a serious medical condition that has left you unable to function completely on your own. Sometimes you may need to relearn basic skills like walking, standing, speaking, and even getting dressed. Doing this on your own is really not an option.
Here are just a few reasons to consider Skilled Nursing for yourself or a loved one:
- A lowers risk of being readmitted to the hospital.
- Specialized therapies to address the physical, occupational, and speech needs as part of recovery.
- The benefits of being among peers going through similar experiences.
- Peace of mind that comes with knowing you have around-the-clock care.
- Healthy meals included. Our staff ensures every senior in our care eats nutritious, delicious meals.
Skilled Nursing is also included as part of Medicare-covered services. Medicare will cover:
- Food at the facility (three meals a day), plus dietary counseling
- A semi-private room shared with other patients
- Physical, occupational, and/or speech therapies that are needed to fully rehabilitate
- Social services
- Medication and medication management
- Medical supplies and equipment while in the facility
- Transportation by ambulance when medically necessary to transport you to the hospital
Senior Living at Ventana
We believe in giving our members what they need when they need it. This includes a list of comprehensive services that help members know that their every need is covered while they are with us at Ventana. These Independent Living services, from the basic to the comprehensive, are included in the fees associated with the residence and services agreement at Ventana:
- Wi-Fi and high-speed internet access
- Utilities including A/C, water, and electric
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- On-site rehab center
- Weekly housekeeping
- Cable TV
- Medication management
- Residence and grounds maintenance
- Wellness programs
- Social and recreational programs
- Educational programs
- Local transportation
- Life Care
- Chaplaincy services
Ventana Offers Skilled Nursing and More
Ventana is a life care Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) which is one of the highest levels of care available in a CCRC. If you require specialized care following an injury or illness, you have multiple care options at Ventana. Our team of dedicated and caring professionals is here to help every step of the way.
We offer access to skilled healthcare professionals around the clock along with a treatment plan that is designed for each individual senior. Every senior’s injury or illness will require a different approach and an individual rehabilitation routine. The opportunity to receive the highest level of care outside of a hospital setting is the best-case scenario. Seniors at Ventana are able to recover from illness or injury knowing that they have what they need to move forward.
Give our team a call at 844.785.0871 to learn more about Skilled Nursing services and all that Ventana offers in Dallas.