As your parents continue to enjoy their retirement years, you may begin to notice that they aren’t living their life to the fullest. Maybe the home they’ve grown and raised a family in is now too much work. Or perhaps recent health changes are beginning to concern you, and your family is looking for a solution.
While senior living may not be the easiest topic to discuss with your parents, it may actually be just what they’re looking for to make the most of their golden years. If you are noticing these seven signs, it may be time for your parents to consider a senior living community like Ventana by Buckner.
7 Signs it’s Time for Your Parents to Downsize to Senior Living
- Home maintenance has become too much work. Your parents’ beautiful three- or four-bedroom home may have been practical while raising a family, but it may be too much work in their retirement years. The burden of home maintenance, from raking the leaves to paying for home repairs, is one of the most common concerns of seniors who decide to make the move to a senior living community.
- Recent health changes bring new concerns about safety. Another common concern for seniors moving to a senior living community is access to healthcare. Health changes are a completely natural part of aging, but a different living situation may be better suited to fit their needs. A senior living community not only surrounds your loved ones with caring team members, but access to healthcare is in the same building that they live in.
- Your parents could benefit from more convenience. Convenience is around every corner at a senior living community, from a helpful team willing to assist in moving your loved one into their new home to an abundance of amenities and services located right outside their apartment door. Everything your parents need to thrive is all located under one roof.
- Planning for the future is increasingly important. Have your parents begun to consider their needs in the future? While their home now may work in the current situation, many seniors choose to move to a community in order to gain peace of mind that their future needs will be met. This can also help them age in their home comfortably and safely.
- Your parents are reviewing retirement financing.Retirement brings new considerations to make while financial planning. Choosing to downsize to a senior living community, where all of their costs are covered in one predictable monthly payment, can help them ease financial concerns and budget for other exciting things, like hobbies or travel.
- An extra hand could be helpful. Who couldn’t benefit from a helping hand? Living in a community surrounded by caring individuals can help ease everyday concerns, especially as your parents age. Senior living communities are staffed with expert teams willing to help your parents when they need it.
- Your parents are looking for more independence and more fun in their retirement years.Making the move to senior living allows your parents to enjoy the activities and passions they love the most. With less worries, they can truly live the retirement lifestyle they’ve always dreamed of.
Learn More about Senior Living at Ventana by Buckner
For us at Ventana by Buckner, it’s all about surrounding your loved ones with the resources they need to thrive. That’s why we’ve built Dallas’ first and only luxury high-rise Life Care Community to fill some of their most important years with social activity, wellness and enjoyment.
We’re proud to offer Members a five-star senior living experience where the bells and whistles are all here. But more importantly, so is the peace of mind that comes with knowing every need has been thought of as your loved ones age.
Learn more about the benefits of moving to a life plan community. Contact our expert team today for a personal consultation where we’ll discuss your parents’ retirement goals, financial preferences and more. Plus, we can take you and your loved ones on a virtual tour of the community where you’re able to experience Ventana from the comfort of your own home. Or click on this link directly to schedule your appointment.