Everyone has their own idea of what retirement living looks like. For some individuals, it’s a condo on a beach in Florida. For others, it’s moving in with family members. And for still others, it’s finding a retirement community with high rise apartments that let them to make the most of this next chapter in their life. With the traditional idea of retirement shifting, it’s important to do your research about what options are available to you when you’re ready to make a change. Your next chapter should be all about you and what you need to feel fulfilled and challenged. With the new trends in retirement communities, it’s not hard to find the perfect fit.
5 Senior Living Trends You Should Know About
Cookie-cutter retirement communities are a thing of the past. The flexibility provided by new senior living trends makes it easier for seniors like you to find an independent living community to call home – one that fits your lifestyle today and offers a full continuum of long-term health care, in case your needs ever change in the future. Below are some of the biggest senior living trends that you should look for in your retirement community.
- Personalized Living Options. From high-rise luxury apartments that overlook the city to low-maintenance condos with full kitchens, the options are endless. If you’re looking for an indoor pool, a nail salon, a wellness center, or even a movie theater, you can find a variety of senior care options that suit your personal tastes and needs.
- Pet-Friendly Spaces. Another way senior living communities are changing is by making more flexible policies to accommodate seniors’ existing lifestyles. If you’re looking for a community that allows you to bring your furry friend along, you can easily find one. If you’re looking for a senior living community that offers plenty of outdoor common areas to keep your pet happy, you can easily find that, too.
- Improved Use of Technology. COVID-19 has forever changed the way we communicate and stay in touch with family and friends. One major retirement community trend is to offer seniors more chances to learn and use technology for socialization, education, program scheduling and more.
- Access to Health Care. While retirement communities have always been focused on the health and well-being of residents, new senior living trends include on-site health care clinics, physician visits, reliable transportation to and from appointments, and more.
- Community Involvement. Finding purpose in retirement has become a focus of senior care over recent years. So, many senior living communities are finding new ways to create a culture of community activism, volunteerism, and more. The goal is to give seniors a sense of purpose and fulfillment in how they spend their days.
Retirement communities have taken up the challenge of adjusting to the times, and residents are reaping the benefits. While not every senior living community will be the right fit for your needs, we promise you’ll be able to find one that will help you feed your mind, body, and spirit in a way that leaves you feeling fulfilled and happy.
Regain Your Zest for Life at Ventana by Buckner
Ventana by Buckner is a luxury Life Plan Community in Dallas that changes the way you view downsizing. Our Members can overlook Park Cities through floor-to-ceiling windows and enjoy an array of amenities and services to help them thrive physically, mentally and spiritually. Contact our team today to schedule your personal appointment, or click here to schedule a tour.