Choosing to move to a senior living community is an exciting decision! This is where you will live the retirement lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of – from activities to fill your days to delicious culinary offerings, there truly is something for everyone to enjoy. And, with the security of onsite health services, your needs will be taken care of now and in the future.
But, when it comes down to it, the senior living community is much more than the services and amenities that are offered. This is the place for you to call home.
Making Ventana Your Home
Your home is where you are comfortable and feel your most self. When you live in a community surrounded by likeminded individuals, your residence is your personal sanctuary and a place for you to truly be relaxed and content.
In your apartment at Ventana by Buckner, you’re free to bring the items you want to make the space your own. Nancy and James Westbrooks found that, along with the convenience of a maintenance-free lifestyle, they love the balance between luxury amenities and a comfortable place to call home in their apartment.
According to Nancy, personalizing their residence was a crucial reason her and her husband decided to make Ventana their home.
“One of the things that was very important for me to bring with us was our pictures,” Nancy said. “Particularly the pictures of our grandchildren, and I knew that there would have to be a place for them.”
While the senior living lifestyle does have a focus on community, there are so many ways for you to personalize your living space and truly make it your own. And at Ventana, we want to ensure you know the top items Members like to bring to fill their residence with their own unique style and personality.
5 Items to Bring to Make Senior Living Feel Like Home
- Your favorite chair. Do you have that favorite chair, or even a couch, that sits in the corner that you always gravitate to? This is the place you sit while reading a book, catching up on the news or watching your favorite movie. While you may have to downsize when moving to a senior living community, you are still able to fill your new home with all of your favorite pieces of furniture.
- Pictures you’ve taken. There’s nothing quite like reminiscing on old photos. These are moments from your past that you’re able to reflect on and look through with admiration of where your life has taken you. Be sure to bring personal pictures to your new home, whether they be in albums or picture frames to hang on the wall.
- Cozy touches. Nothing makes a place feel more like home than the cozy touches to add a sense of comfort to your living space. This could be a scented candle, homemade quilt that you like to curl up in or even a centerpiece for the dining table that has been in your family for years.
- Artwork. Why not fill your new home with beautiful artwork that speaks to you? The art you choose to fill your living space with adds personal character and creates a mood. You gravitate toward art that makes you the happiest, most comfortable or connects you to a part of your culture.
- Your bed. We spend about a third of our lives asleep, so there’s no wonder that your mattress and bedding have an important role in your life. It may take some time to adjust to your new home, but bringing your bed with you is a great way to feel comfortable and make your new place your own.
Learn More About the Senior Living Lifestyle at Ventana by Buckner
Ventana by Buckner offers Members the space they need to truly make their residence as comfortable as possible. We offer a variety of distinctive floor plans, as well as, assisted living and memory care floor plans with one, two or three bedrooms you would be proud to call home.
Want to see our residences for yourself? Contact our team today with any questions you have or click on this link to schedule your personal tour of our community. We look forward to meeting you, either virtually or in the community!