Senior living offers a variety of benefits to your life. From a plan for our future healthcare needs to amenities and services right down the hall from your front door, many residents realize the move to senior living offers all they need to thrive in their retirement years.
While you may recognize the many benefits of senior living, you may be asking yourself – how do I know when it’s the right time to make the move? At Ventana by Bucker, our Members often share that they wish they had made the move to our community sooner. Keep reading for a few signs it may be time to choose senior living and make the move sooner rather than later.
7 Signs You’re Ready for Senior Living
- Home maintenance has become burdensome.While your beautiful three- or four-bedroom home was perfect and necessary when raising your family, it may be too much work to handle by yourself. Lawn care is taking too much time, the repair costs are adding up and unused rooms are starting to collect dust. The burden of home maintenance is one of the most common reasons for seniors to choose to move to a senior living community.
- You’re looking for more social opportunities.What better way to make new friends than to move to a community full of your peers? With activities and amenities designed to encourage a community-driven lifestyle, senior living communities offer ample opportunities to spend time with neighbors who become friends. Plus, you now have time to explore the beautiful city you live in and enjoy restaurants, museums, parks and more.
- Recent health changes have affected your lifestyle.Health changes are a natural part of aging, but a different living situation may be better suited to fit your growing needs. Having access to healthcare within the community that you live in could benefit your lifestyle and give you peace of mind that any future healthcare needs will be met in a comfortable place you call home.
- Safety and security are a priority.You deserve the feeling of comfort in your home. Senior living communities offer safety and security features to protect you in the community, such as an emergency response system, 24/7 staff and smoke detectors and sprinklers. You can feel a sense of ease knowing that should an emergency come up, there are plans in place for you to feel safe and secure.
- You’re planning your retirement budget.Retirement brings new considerations for your financial planning. Choosing to downsize to a senior living community, where all of your costs are covered in one predictable monthly payment, can help ease your financial concerns and budget for other exciting things, like hobbies or travel.
- A convenient lifestyle is appealing.At a senior living community, everything you need to thrive is under one roof. From amenities and activities designed to fill your days with excitement to a once-monthly payment covering all of your living expenses, convenience is around every corner.
- You’re looking for more independence and fun.When it comes down to it, your retirement years are the time to live life to the fullest. This is your opportunity to focus on the most important aspects of your life, from family and friends to the hobbies that bring you joy. With less worries, making the move to a senior living community offers you the opportunity to live the retirement lifestyle you’ve dreamed of.
Discover an Exceptional Lifestyle at Ventana by Buckner, a Senior Living Community in Dallas
For us at Ventana by Buckner, it’s all about offering a comfortable place to call home surrounded with the resources and services you need to live life to the fullest. That’s why we’ve built Dallas’ first and only luxury high-rise Life Care Community to fill some of your most important years with social activity, wellness and enjoyment.
We’re proud to offer Members a five-star senior living experience where the bells and whistles are all here. But more importantly, so is the peace of mind that comes with knowing every need has been thought of as you age.
Learn more about the benefits of moving to a Life Plan Community. Contact our expert team today for a personal consultation where we’ll discuss your retirement goals, financial preferences and more. Plus, we can take you on an in-person tour or even a virtual tour of the community where you’re able to experience Ventana from the comfort of your own home. You can also click on this link directly to schedule your appointment.