Have you been thinking about what your retirement will look like? Are you looking into options for independent living vs. nursing homes? If you are considering a retirement community with a senior independent living option, look no further than Ventana. There are many benefits to a senior living community, especially one committed to elevating your experience and providing an active lifestyle with all the amenities and care you might need. Explore senior independent living services in Dallas, Texas, at Ventana by calling our team today at 844.785.0871 to learn more.
Senior Independent Living vs. Nursing Homes
When it comes to senior living, there are two options most people think of—senior independent living communities and nursing homes.
Senior independent living communities provide a safe, supportive environment for seniors who want to remain active and engaged in their later years while still having access to assistance when needed. These senior living communities can include independent living apartments, assisted living, memory care, and hospice care. Nursing homes offer more comprehensive medical care with round-the-clock supervision from nurses and other health professionals. At a nursing home for seniors, you can expect the following:
- 24-hour medical care
- Supervised activities
- Personalized care plans
- Access to physical therapy and occupational therapy
Choosing between senior independent living or a nursing home depends on an individual’s unique needs and lifestyle preferences.
5 Senior Independent Living Benefits
1. Like-Minded Neighbors
Your neighbors will be people just like you. Because the residents are over a certain age, you can share experiences, common interests, and more.
2. Low-Maintenance Living
At this stage of life, you’re probably over all the maintenance of owning a home. Let us take care of vacuuming, cleaning, dusting, laundry, painting, and lawn mowing, among other regular maintenance.
3. Freedom and Flexibility
With the chores taken care of, you can explore things you didn’t always have time for. This could be anything from a new hobby to international travel. The sky’s the limit.
4. Wellness Designed Just for You
You’ll have the peace of mind of having health and wellness services that are designed for seniors like you. This includes everything from meals to fitness plans.
5. Ever-Changing Activities
If you’re worried about being limited by the social scene of a retirement community, don’t be. Independent living communities offer plenty of opportunities to be social with the convenience of not having to go far. At Ventana, we provide a monthly activity calendar with game nights, book clubs, happy hours, and day trips.
Senior Living Options at Ventana
Our Dallas community offers an array of senior living options and services, including:
- Independent living – This option includes amenities designed around your comfort and security, so you don’t have to worry about your needs being met.
- Assisted living – We also provide a living option that offers 24/7 daily individualized assistance in private and comfortably designed one- or two-bedroom apartments.
- Memory care – This living option offers a highly-trained team to assist those experiencing memory issues or dementia. Residents are treated with independence, autonomy, and dignity in a stress-free living environment.
- Long-Term care – This skilled nursing option is ideal for anyone requiring more specialized care on a long-term basis. This level of care is 24/7 from a team of licensed nurses, therapists, and professional caregivers.
- Respite care – Offering an option to provide short-term care as a relief for caregivers is vital at Ventana. Seniors in respite can benefit from all amenities, while loved ones can get a much-needed reprieve.
- Health services – As a provider of healthcare as well, Ventana can give you whatever you need when it comes to health services. This can include rehab, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care services, and more.
- Outpatient care – We offer a short-term skilled rehab center with everything a person needs to recover from an injury, surgery, or an acute illness.
- Life care – Our life care community can significantly assist you and your family when making difficult decisions about your care in the future.
Ventana offers senior living options designed to meet every older adult’s needs. Our team emphasizes wellness and encourages members to take an active role in our communities, no matter their activity level or desired lifestyle.
Find Senior Independent Living in Texas at Ventana
Suppose you’re ready to let go of the responsibilities of homeownership and start exploring what’s next for you. In that case, it’s a perfect time to consider a maintenance-free senior living option. At Ventana, we take care of your daily needs and more. Contact Ventana today at 844.785.0871 to get your retirement rolling.