As you begin thinking about enrolling in an assisted living program, the conversation will inevitably turn to how you will pay for senior living programs. The average cost of assisted living will depend on the city and state you live in and the type of services the facility offers. High-end retirement homes will cost more than community-based assisted living programs. Texas seniors typically pay less than the national average for assisted living programs, which is around $4,500 per month or $54,000 per year.
Ventana is a luxury senior living community located in a secure, state-of-the-art high-rise in the heart of Dallas, Texas. Our community features independent and assisted living programs, along with short and long-term rehabilitation, respite care, memory care, and other senior programs. Our assisted living programs are tailored to the individual’s needs and can adapt as their health changes. To see if our senior assisted living program is right for you or your aging parents, call 214.225.6197 today to schedule a tour and meet our dedicated team.
Determining the Cost of Assisted Living
An assisted living program can cost between $3,500 and $8,000 per month. Of course, this depends on the facility and the type of treatments, services, and amenities they offer. State and federal-run assisted living programs are typically cheaper than private facilities but often come with a high resident-to-staff ratio and fewer personal services and amenities. Private facilities will cost more but can offer a wider range of personal services and amenities and have a more manageable resident-to-staff ratio.
Determining the cost of assisted living will depend on several factors:
- The type and location of the facility, including floorplan and living options.
- The type of medical and therapeutic services, plus personal services and amenities they offer.
- The individual’s medical and personal needs, age, and current health level.
- The length of time in the program
There are several ways to pay for assisted living programs. The sale of a family home can give seniors a lump sum of money to pay for the retirement of their dreams. Other ways of paying for senior living programs include personal financing, 401K and other investment funds, state and federal programs, and insurance plans.
Ventana in Dallas provides senior adults with luxurious accommodations, five-star services and amenities, and superb medical and therapeutic support to give our residents an enriching retirement. We will go over the average assisted living cost of our programs. Then, we’ll create a personalized treatment plan based on your current and future medical needs.
The Average Cost of Assisted Living
The average senior assisted living cost in Texas is generally lower than the national average. However, it can vary wildly from city to city. Costs are typically higher in larger cities, like Austin, Houston, and the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Here is a breakdown of the average cost of assisted living in Texas:
- The average monthly cost of an assisted living program is $3,988 per month.
- Houston residents will pay between $4,750 and $5,355 per month.
- Seniors in El Paso, Texarkana, and Corpus Christie have the lowest monthly cost, between $2,600 and $3,260 per month.
- Austin residents will pay between $3,750 to $4,250 per month.
- San Antonio seniors will pay an average of $3,599 per month.
- For private, at-home care for two hours per day can average around $1,738 per month, and for five hours per day of at-home assisted living care, it can cost around $4,344 per month.
The average assisted living cost will depend on multiple factors. In fact, there is no set limit to how much this program can cost. When meeting with a facility, ask about their average costs and different ways to pay for the program.
Find Senior Assisted Living Programs at Ventana’s Luxury High-Rise Senior Living Community
At Ventana, we provide senior adults of all activity levels with luxurious accommodations and services to give them the retirement they deserve. We will discuss the average cost of our assisted living programs with you after determining the level of care needed. In addition to our assisted living programs, we offer a number of resort-style services and amenities to enhance your retirement. These can include:
- Private rooms with spa-inspired bathrooms and stunning views
- Indoor and outdoor areas for socializing within a secure building
- 5-star cuisine from several on-site restaurants
- An activities director who plans outings and events
- A wellness center and state-of-the-art gym
To discuss our senior assisted living costs and the types of services we offer, call 214.225.6197 today to speak with our knowledgeable team.