When it comes to senior living services, the sheer variety of options might leave you confused. It is important to understand the differences between member-focused and standard assisted living communities so that you can make the best choice for your loved ones. Typically, member-focused care offers a greater degree of safety, independence, medical attention, and emotional wellness than a standard assisted living community. If you’re worried about your aging family member’s declining health, Ventana’s member-focused assisted living in Texas can help maximize their quality of life.
Choosing a senior housing facility for a loved one will depend largely on the member’s prior medical history, the level of care and assistance they require in daily life, and your budget. For instance, if a senior has a chronic illness or a condition like Alzheimer’s, they may require skilled nursing and personalized memory care services. To know more about Ventana’s senior living programs and services, call us at 844.785.0871.
Member-Focused vs. Standard Assisted Living Communities
For an older individual, leaving one’s home behind to begin a new life at a retirement center or at an assisted living community might seem challenging. They may feel apprehensive that their new residence may not accommodate all their needs or allow them the freedom to live independently.
Thus, understanding the crucial differences between the levels of care in a member-focused vs standard assisted living community can help you find the optimal program for your loved one.
What Is Assisted Living?
An assisted living facility is best suited for older members who require support with daily activities, be it personal hygiene, walking, or communication. They may also require nursing care and medication management.
Thus, assisted living offers a home-like environment with professional caregiving services.
What Is a Member-Focused Community?
However, making the jump to assisted housing after years of living independently might be quite overwhelming for some senior citizens.
This is where member-focused care comes in, where there is a great emphasis on the individual’s unique needs, desires, and emotional well-being. In member-focused care, the specialists come up with a personalized care plan that preserves their dignity, autonomy, privacy, and independence.
The main differences between a member-focused vs standard assisted living community are as follows:
- While standard assisted living offers a great deal of care and support, in member-focused living, the care is further personalized as per the individual’s specific preferences. For instance, special dietary needs and lifestyle choices are taken into account, and members usually have their own rooms, protecting their privacy.
- In member-focused care, there is more emphasis on the person’s independence and personal happiness. They can choose to receive support for particular tasks while also living an independent life.
- As a result, a member-focused assisted living community may also offer additional amenities such as a personal wellness program, recreational outings, rehabilitation therapies, housekeeping and laundry services, and access to a spa or library.
- In member-focused care, individuals can live a mostly stress-free life, pursuing hobbies, engaging with the community, and rediscovering a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
- Finally, member-focused communities also have several nurse clinicians and health specialists on-site to account for any emergencies, check-ups, and around-the-clock medical support.
Thus, while some assisted living communities may have features similar to member-focused care plans, the latter ultimately offers a one-of-kind individualized living experience for older adults.
Find Quality Member-Focused Care at Ventana
At Ventana, we offer a variety of services, amenities, and wellness programs for senior citizens. At our member-focused residential facilities in Dallas, Texas, each member receives individualized care, medical attention, and emotional support from our expert staff. We offer a vibrant and welcoming community for older people to enjoy a fulfilling existence without compromising their health, safety, or independence.
Call us today at 844.785.0871 to know more about our specialized care services.