While 2020 has certainly brought about a fair share of challenges and stress, the holiday season is a time to focus on the joy, love and happiness in our lives. Since most people plan to spend the holidays with immediate family only this year, it’s important to find holiday activities that allow you to celebrate the season safely. At Ventana by Buckner, we’ve pulled together a list of exciting seasonal activities for you to enjoy while staying healthy and cautious.
7 Ways to Enjoy the Holidays in Dallas
- Decorate Your Home. Since we’re all spending more time at home than normal during this year, bring the holiday spirit to your house by decorating. Decorate your doors with wreaths, hang stockings over the fireplace and trim the tree while listening to your favorite holiday music.
- Take a Drive to View Holiday Lights. There’s something so special about driving through neighborhoods and sitting in awe of the holiday decorations people choose for their homes. In Dallas, the city itself goes through a seasonal makeover with stunning light displays throughout the city. Find where to see holiday lights in Dallas and enjoy a socially distanced evening staying warm in your car while still taking in the holiday cheer.
- Watch Your Favorite Holiday Movies. Grab some snacks, a warm beverage and your coziest blanket to spend an evening on your couch enjoying holiday movies. From It’s a Wonderful Life to A Christmas Story and even How the Grinch Stole Christmas, there are numerous seasonal favorites for you to choose from for a movie night.
- Give Back. The holiday season is a time to recognize the numerous blessings in our lives, but it can also be a time to help those in need. Making a donation to a charity organization is just one way you are able to spread holiday cheer or find a holiday toy drive in the Dallas area to make the season brighter for local families.
- Send Holiday Cards. It’s exciting to receive mail, and you don’t have to be particularly crafty to pull together cards to send to family and friends wishing them season’s greetings. You can either make the cards yourself or purchase seasonal cards to remind loved ones you’re thinking of them during this time of the year.
- Make Yourself a Festive Drink. Who doesn’t enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate once those temperatures drop? Whether you’re making a drink yourself or visiting a local spot to try their seasonal beverages, a festive drink is a simple way to get in the holiday spirit. And, speaking of spirits, seasonal cocktails are a fun twist to a traditional Happy Hour! Try one of the many winter cocktails that will get you feeling festive from the delish website.
- Arrange a Virtual Get-Together. Socially distanced activities may be the norm this holiday season, but that doesn’t mean you have to go without seeing loved ones. Arrange a time to call family on the phone or even try a platform like Zoom that allows you to video chat with those we aren’t able to see in person. Thanks to technology, you can still spend the holidays with those you care about most.
Give Yourself the Gift of Luxury Senior Living at Ventana by Buckner
This holiday season, give yourself the gift of comfortable, luxury senior living in Dallas at Ventana by Buckner. Buckner Retirement Services, the parent company of Ventana, keeps in mind the motto, “Inspiring Happiness.” We aim to inspire happiness every day in our community by:
- Offering luxurious amenities you won’t find anywhere else. From numerous dining options to a state-of-the-art fitness center, our community features set a new standard of senior living.
- Encouraging Members to take control of their health through comprehensive wellness programs and a full suite of care options and healthcare services.
- Providing a variety of floor plan options suited to fit each person’s distinctive needs. Our comfortable high-rise apartments are ready for personal touches to make them feel like home.
- Assisting Members in their financial planning and securing their financial future.
- Making sure our community is the best place to call home during your retirement years.
Whether it be through the engaging programming or the perks of maintenance-free living, we work hard to ensure the happiness of Ventana Members. Interested in learning more? Contact our experienced and caring team today. You can also click on this link to schedule your personal tour of our community.