Over 2,500 years ago, ancient Greek philosopher Heraclitus said, “The only constant in life is change.” And while that’s true in every aspect of life, it’s amazing to consider how the ideas of work and retirement have evolved over the last 200 years, including the addition of retirement communities in the 1920s and ’30s. Today, while seniors may stop working at a career, retirement has moved from a time to relax to a desire to live an active and engaging life. That’s one reason why so many older adults are choosing to retire in Dallas. In fact, Travel + Leisure recently voted the Dallas/Fort Worth area as one of the 11 best places to retire in the U.S. for its small-town feel with city conveniences like restaurants, shopping, museums, entertainment and professional sports teams. Plus, Texas has no state income tax. If you’re already living in the area or looking at retirement in Dallas, here are some reasons to consider a retirement community like Ventana by Buckner.
Benefits of a Senior Living Community for Today.
At Ventana, we believe your retirement in Dallas should include the freedom to fully enjoy life. That’s why our independent living community gives you:
- Freedom: Spend less time dealing with the hassles of home maintenance and more time doing the things you love. Here you can keep your active lifestyle and explore your passions while enjoying deliciously prepared meals at one of our vibrant culinary venues and relaxing at the spa.
- Activities: With so many health and wellness opportunities right at your fingertips, you can be as busy as you want to be. Plus we offer group trips to museums, art exhibits, concerts, and so much more. Our “lock-and-leave” lifestyle also makes traveling a breeze, knowing everything is being taken care of while you’re away.
- Social opportunities: We feature a wide variety of social outlets and events, from informal get-togethers with friends to Members clubs, outings and parties.
Benefits for Tomorrow.
Ventana offers the peace of mind of having access to a full continuum of on-site care, so should you or your spouse ever need it, you won’t have to worry.
- Assisted living: We provide personalized and supportive care in a fun, safe and independent environment where you tell us how you want your assisted living care to look. Whether you need your meals cooked for you or just want an extra hand with chores around your residence, we provide individualized assistance with daily activities on a 24-hour basis.
- Memory care: We can help slow the progression of Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia while encouraging you to feel a sense of purpose and satisfaction from the fulfilling moments of your everyday life. The key is our structured environment — we promote a lifestyle with routines in place to reduce stress and encourage connection with long-term memories.
- Skilled nursing: Our long-term care provides specialized care on a long-term basis. We work directly with you and your family to develop individualized nursing care plans that include round-the-clock support by licensed nurses, therapists and professional caregivers.
- Rehabilitation: If you ever need to recover from an acute illness, surgery or injury, our high-quality care services can help you return home and get back to doing what you love sooner.
Enjoy the Luxury of Living Life on Your Own Terms.
As you start to look at retirement living communities in Dallas, be sure to consider the area’s premier high-rise senior living community: Ventana by Buckner. We’re committed to evolving and growing to meet the discerning wants and needs of seniors today and into the future. To learn more, contact us here.