The Dallas-Forth Worth metropolitan is home to over 6.5 million Texans and includes Arlington, Irving, Plano, and other popular cities. It is the most populous metropolitan area in Texas and the Southern U.S. and the fourth largest metroplex in the entire country.1 Finding memory care for seniors in Dallas-Fort Worth becomes necessary when individuals are at risk by continuing to live alone. Seniors with dementia can enroll in a senior living community that offers beneficial therapies and treatments that slow the progression of their symptoms and improve memory retention.
Vantana is a high-rise senior living facility near the 12 and 75 highway intersections in Northeast Dallas, just west of White Rock Lake. We provide seniors with dementia private rooms in a secure facility with plenty of personal services and amenities to make the most of their golden years. Our memory care programs include medication management, physical, occupational, and speech therapies, and other services that promote memory retention and a better quality of life. To discover all the benefits of our memory care for seniors in Dallas-Fort Worth, call 214.225.6197 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff.
When Is Memory Care Needed?
Memory care is a senior program for adults living with dementia or who have experienced a stroke, seizure, or other types of neurological disorder. It provides medicinal and therapeutic services that can slow the progression of the disorder and helps seniors regain some lost abilities and memories. Memory care programs can treat all types of dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease.
Knowing when it’s time to enroll in a memory care program can get your parents the care they need before their symptoms become too severe and put their health at greater risk. Common signs your parents need memory care include:
- Forgetting to take important medications or have them refilled
- Neglecting personal hygiene
- Having difficulty with familiar tasks like cooking and cleaning
- Failing to pay bills on time
- At-home caregivers becoming overwhelmed and unable to care for their needs properly
If you are searching for memory care for your parents in Dallas-Fort Worth, check out Ventana in Northeast Dallas off North Central Expressway next to the Cheesecake Factory. Our facilities provide essential care for seniors with dementia in a comfortable and secure facility with luxury personal services and amenities that give seniors a fulfilling retirement.
Finding Memory Care for Seniors in Dallas-Fort Worth Area
Finding memory care for your parents in the Dallas-Fort Worth area is necessary so they can make the most out of their golden years. When searching for the best memory care programs for your parents, make sure the facility you chooses offers the following services as a minimal level of care:
- Therapeutic services – Dementia can affect you physically and mentally in different ways. Memory care programs should include physical, speech, and occupational therapy to:
- Improve balance and coordination to reduce the risk of falls
- Relearn how to eat and swallow without choking
- Find new ways to replace lost abilities, such as speaking and writing
- Medication management – Seniors living with dementia typically require multiple medications to treat their symptoms. This service eliminates the possibility of missing important medications, refills prescriptions, and ensures no adverse reactions to new medications.
- Mentally stimulating activities – Staying active mentally and physically can reduce the progression of dementia and stave off other common age-related symptoms. Seniors with dementia can stimulate their minds by playing Scrabble, Sudoku, various online word games, and jigsaw puzzles. Reading and learning new skills are also great activities to stimulate the mind.
- Assistance with daily living activities – Seniors who need extra help will get assistance with tasks that include bathing and dressing, going to the bathroom, eating, and taking medications on time.
Memory care programs can include healthy meal plans, housekeeping and laundry services, and other personal services and amenities. When symptoms of dementia begin causing significant problems, it’s time to think about moving them into a senior living community with memory care services.
Choose Ventana for Memory Care for Seniors in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
At Ventana, we provide memory care for parents in Dallas-Fort Worth at our high-rise facility. We take the time to get to know each resident’s medical and therapeutic needs to create a comprehensive program that can restore some lost functions and memories. Residents will live in private suites with access to indoor and outdoor communal areas for relaxing and socializing.