Location, location, location.
When it comes to finding the right place to enjoy your golden years, you may think back to this famous mantra often heard in real estate. It stresses the importance of finding the right area to live in – from home value to quality of living and access to resources, you want to make sure your home is in a community that you’re able to enjoy and thrive in.
Dallas is repeatedly included on lists of best locations to retire, including reports from US News and the Today Show. But why? Keep reading for just a few reasons Dallas is the best place for you to enjoy your retirement years.
6 Reasons to Retire in Dallas
- Enjoyable Year-Round Climate. There’s no need for a snow shovel when you’re living in Dallas! Dallas experiences mild winters, making it ideal for those who have grown to dislike the cold. Although Texas is known for its hot weather, Dallas actually experiences all four seasons, and temperatures range from 39°F to 96°F throughout the year. Abundant sunshine and pleasant temperatures allow numerous opportunities to enjoy the city, both outdoors and indoors.
- Plenty of Things to Do. You’ll never be bored or looking for something to do when you’re living in Dallas! This city has everything – cultural features like The Dallas Symphony and The Dallas Arts District, beautiful views at The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden and high-end shopping at Northpark Center. Not to mention the entertainment venues like theaters and professional sports areas, delicious dining and reliable, accessible transportation to get you where you need to go. Dallas is an exciting city that has countless offerings to suit your lifestyle and taste.
- No State Income Tax. If you’re looking to stretch your dollars, look no further. Texas is one of only seven states that do not have a state income tax. That means that Social Security benefits, as well as, any other types of retirement income are tax-free.
- Stunning Views. Looking around in Dallas is truly beholding pure beauty. The iconic Dallas skyline even won USA Today’s “Best International Skyline” category in the 10 Best Readers’ Choice survey. One of the skyline’s most recognizable landmarks is the 571-foot observation tower, Reunion Tower, which offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city.
- World-Class Healthcare. Some of the world’s best medical organizations are right here in Dallas, including UT Southwestern Medical Center, which ranks No. 1 in the Metroplex, and Baylor University Medical Center, which is nationally ranked in two adult specialties and offers more than 20 medical specialty centers. Whether you’re looking for a general practitioner or more specialized care, you’ll have options at one of Dallas’ many area hospitals.
- Amazing Senior Living Options. Almost 12 percent of Texans are age 65 and older, and the number is growing. Because of this, Dallas boasts numerous senior living options, making it appealing to those looking for a senior living community. Ventana by Buckner, a Buckner Senior Living community, is one of those great options. Ventana is a distinctive continuing care retirement community providing a full complement of services, amenities and health and wellness programs. Plus, Ventana by Buckner is situated on a gorgeous rise of land with a commanding view of the Park Cities and downtown areas. This means you have convenient access to everything this prime section of Dallas/Fort Worth has to offer, including close proximity to North Central Expressway and Northwest Highway.
Ventana by Buckner is One of the Best Places to Retire in Texas
Ventana by Buckner, located right in the heart of Dallas, is a Life Plan community offering an active lifestyle and ample opportunities to live the life you’ve been dreaming of. Members Darrell and Jean Arnold love where the community is in Dallas and share, “The location is perfect. We can’t wait to see our view.”
Don’t just take our word for it – come see for yourself! Contact our team today to schedule your personal appointment. Or, click this link to schedule your tour. We look forward to showing you why Ventana by Buckner is the best place to retire in Dallas!