How much does senior memory care cost? The answer depends on several factors, as each person’s medical needs and type of therapy will vary. Seniors with mild forms of dementia may need only minimal daily care. In contrast, those with advanced stages will require round-the-clock care and monitoring. The national average cost of senior memory care is above $5,500 per month. This is actually higher than what most Texas seniors are paying.
Ventana is a full-service, luxury senior living community in the heart of Dallas. We offer memory care services along with a number of beneficial medical services and luxury accommodations. We create a custom care package for each of our residents that takes into account their current and future mental health needs. They will have a private room that they can decorate to create a familiar space. This reduces the risk of becoming confused or agitated due to their mental decline. To speak with us about our senior memory care services and the costs involved, send us a message online or call 214.225.6197 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff.
Knowing When It’s Time for Memory Care
It can be difficult for anyone to admit that they need extra help. This is especially for seniors who are independent and want to maintain their freedom. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, there are currently over six million senior adults living with Alzheimer’s. In fact, that number will increase by 13 million by 2050. Do you suspect that your parents or elderly loved ones are struggling with dementia? If so, there are clear signs that indicate their symptoms are beginning to impact their daily lives.
Here are some of the common signs that it’s time to enroll in a senior memory care program:
- Forgetting to take necessary medications on time
- Missing doctor appointments
- Household bills go unpaid
- Their personal hygiene is neglected
- They lose track of time
- They stop participating in their favorite activities and hobbies
- They experience incontinence
At Ventana’s high-rise senior living community, we provide Texas seniors with comprehensive memory care programs that can slow or reverse some signs of dementia. While going over your parent’s personalized treatment program, we will discuss memory care costs along with answering any questions you have about the type of care we offer.
How Much Does Senior Memory Care Cost?
The cost of memory care will depend on the level of care necessary and the severity of symptoms. Once you find a facility that suits your aging parent’s needs, they can help you figure out the best way to pay for the program. Memory care services are typically paid through Medicare and Medicaid programs, long-term insurance plans, or personal finances.
Here is a breakdown of the cost of senior memory care in Texas:
- In Texas, the average daily cost of memory care is $174, with an average monthly cost of $5,304.
- In Dallas, the average daily cost of memory care is $183, with an average monthly cost of $5,588.
- In Austin, the average daily cost of memory care is $234, with an average monthly cost of $7,125.
- In Houston, the average cost of memory care is $185, with an average monthly cost of $5,668
How much does senior memory care cost in Texas? That will depend on the level of care needed and what city you want to retire in. The cities with the lowest cost for memory care services include San Antonia, Corpus Christi, and El Paso.
Enroll in Senior Memory Care Services at Ventana Today
How much is memory care? At Ventana’s luxury senior living community, we will go over the costs of senior memory care with you while touring the facility and discussing your physical and mental health needs. Our memory care programs are intentional and personalized to the individual’s specific needs and can include:
- A private residence in a comfortable and secure community
- A team of experts who specialize in working with seniors with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, or other neurological disorders
- An onsite medical director and registered dietitian
- Medication management and administration
- Nutritious meals that consider dietary and medical restrictions
- Five-star luxury services and amenities
If you feel your parents or elderly loved ones can benefit from our senior memory care services, call us at 214.225.6197 today to discuss our beneficial programs and services.