Ventana continues to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation. The safety of our members is our primary concern, so we take every precaution to ensure that each person stays safe in our community. Below is the Buckner Retirement Services COVID-19 policy and updates from our leadership team.
A Message from Our Senior Vice President, Charlie Wilson
We understand there is a concern as the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves. At Buckner Retirement Services, the health and well-being of residents and staff is our number one priority. We continue to assess and respond to new information as it becomes available. We are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and State Departments’ of Health to keep our communities safe. We will continue to respond to this situation as it develops, and we will keep you informed as our practices change.
Please reference the below links for the most up-to-date announcements and information.
Procedures for Positive Cases at Ventana
We continue to see an increase in positive cases for COVID-19 across Texas and within our senior living communities. Many local hospitals are completely full and turning away people. Because of this, we urge everyone to stay vigilant when it comes to health and safety. We also recommend staying self-aware for possible symptoms.
We also ask our members to help mitigate the risk of infection or unknowingly transmitting it to others. We ask them to follow the below best practices regardless of vaccination status:
- Wear masks in indoor common areas. This practice has been shown to help reduce the spread of germs and viruses.
- Wear masks in enclosed spaces, especially on the bus.
- Continue to social distance when possible while you participate in activities in our common areas.
- Practice social distancing in our dining rooms and reduce the number of people at each table.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Stay in your apartment or room if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID.
- Remain in your room if you’re experiencing COVID symptoms, such as a fever of 99.6 or greater, cough, shortness of breath, and fatigue.
- You can also update your doctor and medical team.
- Try to limit the guests to your apartment during this troubling time. If you have guests and you want to eat together during their visit, please consider getting to-go meals that you can take back to your apartment.
How Is Ventana Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
The Ventana and Buckner Retirement Services team is working diligently to keep members and family members informed of all possible coronavirus cases in our community. Transparency and communication are two of our greatest weapons, and we will continue to update this page.
Updates from Charlie Wilson
Information and Resources
Learn More About the Buckner Retirement Services COVID-19 Policy
At Ventana, we are committed to providing the best possible care for our members. To learn more about the Buckner Retirement Services COVID-19 policy, please reach out to our team today at 844.785.0871.